The large variety of materials allows our furniture to have an effect in your personal home and allows a room design of harmony.
The listed colour palettes are suggestions from our programme, we would be pleased to produce our furniture in your desired colour. The possibilities are almost unlimited.
All colour and material reproductions are for orientation only and do not represent reference samples.
Wood is a natural, living material - every tree has grown uniquely. The individual drawing, its own grain and the uniqueness of each surface characterize the charm of your piece of furniture. In addition to American walnut, we also use local and European hardwoods for the processing of our furniture.
Solid wood can change its dimensions due to fluctuations in temperature and humidity. We therefore recommend maintaining a constant air humidity and room temperature. Our furniture construction enables the best possible swelling and shrinking of the wood. However, small hairline cracks, especially in the transitional periods with very high or low humidity, cannot be avoided on the solid wood panel. We recommend that in dry and cold winter months the relative humidity should not fall below 40%. Different light influences can change the colour of the wood. We therefore ask you to expose the extension of your wooden tabletop to the different light influences as often as possible (folded out) in the initial period.
Solid wood lacquered
With an oiled surface, the wood retains its naturalness. The oil penetrates very well into the pores, but does not close them, so that the wood can continue to breathe. In addition, the oil emphasises the colour character of the wood. This surface requires care.
- CARE: For everyday care, simply wipe with a clean, slightly moistened, soft cloth. Do not use microfibre, as this will remove the oil from the table. If the surface is very dirty, add very little dishwashing detergent (no scouring agent) to the water. Spilled liquid must be absorbed immediately with a clean, dry cloth or household paper. In the first few years, we recommend that you treat the furniture 2-3 times a year with the enclosed maintenance oil to renew the protection of the wood surface. With increasing age of the furniture, this treatment can be reduced to 1 time a year. Small scratches and stains can be removed at home with little effort. We supply a care set with every oiled table. If required, a further oil care set can be obtained directly from us.
Solid wood oiled
Lacquered surfaces show a very fine and smooth surface. They do not require any special care and the lacquer forms a protective film against moisture (e.g. spilled drinks). Furthermore, the lacquer is UV-stable, which means that the wood retains its original colour for longer. As the pores are completely sealed when lacquering, scratches and stains can usually only be repaired by a specialist.
- CARE: For cleaning, it is best to use a clean, moistened cotton or microfibre cloth. Then dry the surface with a soft, dry cloth.
- Attention: Never use abrasive cleaners or furniture polish to clean your furniture!
Glass is a natural material. The natural raw materials of glass, quartz sand, lime and soda are available in nature in sufficient quantities. The glass surface, smooth and homogeneous, is of remarkable beauty. Glass is not scratch-resistant and should therefore be handled with care in daily use.
- CARE: For daily cleaning we recommend the use of a microfibre cloth and water. We advise to clean coffee, wine or other stains quickly, because dirt particles can get stuck or stick to the satin finish. For heavy or stubborn dirt and stains, we recommend cleaning the satin-finished surface with a wet cleaning sponge and a cream cleaner such as Potz, Cifcrem, Vifcreme, etc. The sponge used must be compatible with glass (with blue or white Scotch fleece). During application, small circular movements should be avoided so that no scrubbing marks are left. Always use the rough surface (fleece part) of the cleaning sponge to rub in. Remove the cream cleaner after application with a cloth and plenty of clear water. Then dry the glass plate with a microfibre cloth.
The following cleaning products are suitable for removing stains from the satin-finished glass surface, but must not be used on glass edges or painted glass surfaces:
- Lemon Balm: Use with water according to manufacturer's instructions. Rub the surface of the glass well with circular movements and then rinse with clear water and dry with a microfibre cloth.
- Nano sponge: To remove simple stains on your glass plate, we also recommend treatment with the Kerapur dirt eraser/cleaning sponge (nano sponge) according to the instructions for use of the product.
Glass satin, lacquered
Satinised glass is made from clear glass and processed into an opaque but translucent glass. The surface is roughened in the process and a cloudy, matt appearance is created. When wet, temporary optical effects may occasionally appear on the glass surface, which are no longer visible after drying.
Ceramic is a natural product with natural properties. Each plate is different in structure and colour, a unique specimen. Ceramic is scratch-resistant, abrasion-proof, acid-, frost- and UV-resistant. Neither intensive use nor frequent cleaning impair its properties. This makes the material excellently suitable for surfaces with intensive use. Ceramic is also characterised by its high temperature resistance. When exposed to extreme heat, such as hot pans, a coaster must be used. Stress cracks as consequential damage cannot be excluded due to extreme temperatures at certain points.
- CARE: No special care products are required. It is best to use a clean, moistened cotton or microfibre cloth. Greasy soiling can be removed with washing-up liquid. For stubborn stains, a cleaning sponge (with blue or white Scotch fleece) can be used. Remove the stain with circular movements.
Note: Due to the production process, ceramics may naturally have slight impurities such as pigment spots, minor colour differences, slight elevations/ depressions and stripes depending on the incidence of light, as well as dimensional deviations. However, as these comply with recognised quality standards, they do not constitute grounds for complaint. Like glass, ceramic is an extremely hard material and therefore sensitive to knocks in the edge area. Such impacts can lead to cracking of the material.
Leather is a high-quality natural product with all the special features associated with it. Leather is made from animal skins and therefore bears the individual markings of a unique creature. Injuries, insect bites, warts and thorny cracks leave marks on the animal's skin, which can only be partially covered during the manufacturing process. These small traces of life prove the individuality and testify to the natural origin of this cover material. A slight formation of wrinkles due to the natural material stretching of the leather cannot be excluded.
CARE: To give the leather the necessary moisture, rub the leather every 1 to 2 months with a clean, damp cloth. Protect the leather from direct sunlight. Spills should be dabbed off immediately with an absorbent cloth. Then clean the leather with a damp cloth and clear water. Then dry with a woollen cloth. Never rub heavily, even on stubborn stains. Once or twice a year you should treat the leather with a leather care product (in the Specialized trade or directly from us in the Shop available).
Heads up! Please never use aggressive cleaning agents (dishwashing detergents, all-purpose cleaners, etc.), as the leather surface (impregnation/finishing) will be irreparably damaged.
Paloma is a minimally corrected leather in which different colours and pigments cause a smoothing of the surface (grain). Natural marks, scars and insect bites are normal and characterize this leather. A fine pigment layer protects the leather and makes cleaning easier. However, Paloma leather is not as resistant and durable as Leather Genua. The soft, natural and pleasant feel of the leather makes it still very popular. The thickness is about 1.0 - 1.2 mm.
Basic is also solid-coloured, but is slightly sanded on the surface and provided with a colour-pigmented protective layer. The scar reproduction is stronger and mechanically embossed and therefore more regular in structure.
Pura is a European cowhide. It is dyed through with high-quality and environmentally friendly dyes. The thickness is 1 - 1.2 mm. The leather has a regular embossing. Due to the pigmentation (colour layer) it is very easy to clean.
Madras is a European cowhide, it is dyed through with high-quality and environmentally friendly dyes. The thickness is 0.9 - 1.1 mm. The leather skin shows a regular embossing. Due to the pigmentation (colour layer) it is very easy to care for.
Genua is a hard-wearing cowhide leather, which has been dyed through in the barrel with high-quality and environmentally friendly dyes. The leather skin has a discreet and regular embossing. Due to the slightly stronger pigmentation a robust quality and easy care is achieved. The thickness is 0.9 - 1.1 mm.
Sauvage is a fine and very high quality natural nappa leather from Europe. For the leather, skins with the fewest natural features are used, so all unevenness remains visible. The leather is completely breathable and very warm and soft to the touch. For the care we recommend the Keralux Leather Care Set A.
The fabrics give our seating furniture a particularly warm charm and comfort. They are extremely durable and easy to clean. Choose between two different weaves and many different colours. It is also possible to have your personal favourite fabric covered on our seating furniture.
- CARE: Remove the dust from the seat to obtain a clean surface. Use the soft brush of the vacuum cleaner. Apply the stain remover to a clean cloth, never directly on the fabric. Test the stain remover in advance on a less visible part of the chair. Always rinse the treated area after applying the stain remover. After applying and rinsing the stain remover, always clean the entire fabric cover of the chair. There is a risk of leaving an edge behind when treating localised stains. On Specialized trade you will receive the appropriate care set.
Fabric Nemi Melange
Nemi harmonizes perfectly with a simple and elegant interior. The fabric is very hard-wearing with a straightforward and simple design. Be inspired by the appealing colours and create an environment full of atmosphere. The melange pattern not only attracts attention, but is also very dirt-resistant. Nemi is ideal for the dining room area.
Fabric Diva Velour
In rich shades of colour coordinated in nuances, the velvet fabric looks splendid and stylish on the seetalswisschair.
Whether classic or modern, a diva feels comfortable in any ambience! The fabric is very pleasant to the touch, easy-care, hard-wearing and flame-resistant.
The finely woven, synthetic fabric Princess convinces with abrasion resistance of 100`000 and has been specially developed to meet the demands placed on upholstery fabrics today. The fabric is antibacterial, breathable and water and oil repellent. Thanks to the Clean Active stain protection system, Princess is also very stain-resistant and therefore easy to care for, despite its high utility value.
Medium density fibreboard, or MDF board for short, is a material that is cheap to produce and easy to process. MDF boards are made of wood components and glue. Due to their easy processing they are versatile. The boards are used in the furniture sector as well as in interior fittings, e.g. kitchens. It is possible to adjust the appearance of MDF boards by using paints, varnishes or foils. We offer our MDF boards in structure or matt lacquer. The surface is very easy to clean. Fingerprints are very visible, especially with smooth lacquer.
- CARE: MDF boards can be easily cleaned with standard dishwashing and cleaning agents. The cleaning agents diluted with water should be applied with a soft cloth in a damp state. Immediate drying with a soft cloth is important.
The thermoplastic resin is especially suitable for interior applications. It can be used both vertically and horizontally. The Fenix material offers an extremely closed surface and a particularly soft feel. The uneven surface in the nano range ensures very low light reflection. Fenix is therefore an extremely matt surface that leaves hardly any visible fingerprints. The material is insensitive to scratches and resistant to abrasion.
- CARE: Synthetic resin surfaces can be easily cleaned with commercially available rinsing and cleaning agents. Cleaning agents diluted with water should be applied with a soft cloth in a damp state. Immediate drying with a soft cloth is important. In case of heavy or stubborn dirt and stains, we recommend cleaning the surface with a wet cleaning sponge and a cream cleaner such as Potz, Cifcrem, Vifcreme, etc. The sponge used must be compatible with glass (with blue or white Scotch fleece, non-scratching). During application, small circular movements should be avoided so that no scrubbing marks appear. Always use the rough surface (fleece part) of the cleaning sponge to rub in. Remove the cream cleaner after application with a cloth and plenty of clear water. Then dry the Fenix plate with a microfibre cloth.
We recommend the following cleaning products for stubborn stains:
- Lemon Balm: Use with water according to manufacturer's instructions. Rub the Fenix surface well with circular movements and then rinse with clear water and dry with a microfibre cloth.
- Nano sponge: To remove simple stains on your Fenix plate, we also recommend treatment with the Kerapur dirt eraser/cleaning sponge (nano sponge) according to the instructions for use of the product.
Metals such as iron, steel, aluminium or chrome have become an integral part of modern furniture design. The aesthetics of the metal and its practicality are increasingly appreciated in the design of the living space.
- CARE: Metal is very easy to care for. It is sufficient to wipe the metal with a soft cloth or microfibre cloth. If the metal is very dirty, it can be cleaned with curd soap water and then rubbed dry.
- Caution: Never use cleaning agents with granular substances, as this can cause scratches.